HOLISTIC BIRTH EDUCATOR TRAINING ONLINE
50 HOUR PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION COURSE DESIGNED FOR YOGA TEACHERS
We’re on a mission to improve birth outcomes by reclaiming the sacred in birth. Our internationally recognized holistic birth educator training combines evidence based knowledge with yoga and holistic tools that support confident and empowered birth. Earn CEUs with the Yoga Alliance and certify with LAMAZE from the comfort and convenience of your home during this unprecedented time.
UPCOMING LIVE ONLINE TRAINING DATES
SPRING PROGRAM (2 WEEKENDS)
~EUROPEAN + AMERICAN TIMEZONES~
OCT 1-3, OCT 15-17 (2 WEEKENDS)
2-11:30PM IN THE UK
SIGN UP NOW!
YOGA + HOLISTIC BIRTH EDUCATION
You feel that something needs to shift in the current paradigm of birth. We know that prenatal yoga teachers have a unique place in people’s lives as they prepare for birth. Whether you want to be a childbirth educator, a doula, or both, you will need an ability to connect with parents on a deep level in order to offer them the guidance they need, and walk beside them during this transformative time in their lives. We are uniting birth professionals around the world to reclaim the sacred in birth through holistic and culturally congruent evidence-based education and invite you to join us.
THIS TRAINING IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
• Yogis interested in learning about women’s health, pregnancy and conscious birthing
• Yoga teachers seeking to develop a niche in prenatal yoga and to deepen their facilitation and community building skills
• Educators, counselors, midwives, healthcare professionals and women interested in expanding their knowledge in reproductive health and women-centered yoga practice within the framework of holistic birth education.
• People who want to become an amazing childbirth educator or refresh as an experienced childbirth educator or prenatal yoga teacher
• Those who would like to deepen their knowledge of birth and the art of facilitation to better engage with prenatal clients.
GOALS OF THIS COURSE
Empowered Birth Holistic Educator Program, is a 50+ hour dual certificate training in holistic facilitation and Lamaze Birth Education. We are offering the unique opportunity to complete your certification online during this time of social distancing. This interactive and live training will equip you with tools to empower and support pregnant women throughout their pregnancies and labor which we believe is very needed in this world. With 50 hours of interactive live content, this in-home retreat will provide you with a framework to deepen your own connection to your body, support your yoga students and launch a career in the field of birth work.
- Understand the transformation and landscape of pregnancy, birth, postpartum period and early parenthood and the effects on the body, mind and spirit
- Learn skills that are immediately applicable to all of your classes
- Be mentored by a team of experienced and passionate teachers who are leaders in the field
- Discover your authentic teaching voice and uncover the unique gifts that you have to offer through class exercise, the use of imagery, sequencing and facilitator support
- Integrate all aspects of the practice: asana, breath work (pranayama), vocal toning (mantra), relaxation and working with themes.
- Learn infant massage, self-breast massage and self-care strategies
- Guide birthing people effectively into poses for optimal fetal positioning and labour to promote a gentle and empowering birth
- Learn how to design, teach, and evaluate workshops, courses and classes that increase a birthing person’s confidence and ability to give birth
- Create experiential and holistic programs that will help you deliver an engaging childbirth education experience
- Find your voice and style as an educator, and more!
BECOME AN EMPOWERED BIRTH EDUCATOR
Explore and awaken to the radically healing potential of yoga and holistic birth support as therapeutic tools to empower the birthing journey from pregnancy to motherhood. After the completion of this course, you’ll feel confident guiding expectant families to connect to their inner wisdom and have agency in their birth experience.
Topics covered in the training include:
- History of birth
- Inclusion and diversity in birth work
- Birth-planning and informed choice
- Scope of practice for the childbirth educator
- Needs of the birthing person in each trimester and in the first 6 weeks postpartum
- Perinatal Mental Health—including an overview of perinatal mood disorders
- Art and Science of Learning and Teaching
- How to promote the childbearing experience as a natural, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects families.
- How to assist birthing people and their families to discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, safe, and healthy pregnancy, birth, chest/ breastfeeding and early parenting
- Safe and effective strategies to support a healthy pregnancy and postpartum recovery including beneficial yoga practices for rebuilding strength and flexibility after childbirth
- Fetal development and foundations in infant development
- Teaching pranayama and sound techniques
- Advanced yoga techniques for pelvic floor health
- Integrating mindfulness, yoga and cultivating awareness in your classes
- How to create a supportive community in your class environment
- Establishing and running a business in birth work
- How to help birthing people and their families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Stages of labor and comfort measures for labor
- Understanding research and evidence-based practice
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL
• Receive an internationally recognized certification in postnatal yoga teaching
• Learn the fundamentals of our holistic and interdisciplinary approach to yoga
• Nourish your mind, body and spirit through daily yoga and meditation
• Renew your sense of purpose and passion, expanded community and heartfelt inspiration
WHAT CHILDBIRTH EDUCATORS DO
- Equip birthing people and their families with informational and practical support
- Guide expectant parents in the practice of relaxation, breathing techniques, position changes, visualization, affirmations and comfort measures for labor
- Offer non-biased perinatal information, support, encouragement, guidance, and education to families
- Encourage informed decision-making
- Provide information on birth options and resources
- Model and teach effective communication
- Help families understand their rights
- Work closely with students and their families to explore and clarify their values and needs surrounding birth
- Provide culturally sensitive and age-appropriate education
Established in 1960, Lamaze International is a not-for-profit organization composed of parents, childbirth educators, healthcare practitioners and other health care professionals whose mission is to advance safe and healthy pregnancy, birth and early parenting through evidence-based education and advocacy. Knowing that access to credible information and research is key to a healthy pregnancy, childbirth and a good start to parenting, Lamaze works to educate women and provide support so they are equipped to effectively partner with their care provider, navigate their options in care and push for the safest, healthiest birth possible.
Lamaze education and practices are based on the best and most current medical evidence available. The Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices are tried and true ways to teach parents how to have a safe and healthy birth. Our vision is “knowledgeable parents making informed decisions.”
We are excited to offer you an internationally recognized certification that will set you apart from the rest and prepare you to expand your skills and knowledge as a birth ally.
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT OUR APPROACH
Sacred Birth Prenatal Yoga & Doula Program , Sacred Birth Holistic Birth Educator & Baby and Me Yoga Trainings focus on nurturing conscious pregnancy and parenthood while addressing the medical, political and spiritual considerations of birthing. Our program is holistically designed for those who are interested in learning a mind-body approach to pregnancy, childbirth and parenting preparation with a therapeutic focus. With deep roots in Northern India, our approach blends traditional Hatha, Vinyasa and a therapeutic framework to support empowered pregnancy and parenthood. Our alignment-based system incorporates mindfulness and traditional yogic wisdom with a modern understanding of the body. We believe yoga is for all people and create safe, inclusive, and engaging learning environments for you to discover your own potential. Our curriculum is developed around the three pillars of Mind, Body & Earth, believing that they are essential, interconnected aspects of the yogic path.
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
• Daily guided yoga and meditation practices
• Lamaze Seminar Certificate (one step towards becoming certified with Lamaze International)
• Program Manual (for yoga portion. Lamaze manual sold separtely through Lamaze)
• Access to program recordings
Awakened Spirit Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) and one of the few Registered Prenatal Yoga Schools (RPYS). We offer an 85-hour prenatal training, Baby & Me postnatal training as well as a combined prenatal yoga training and doula course. Intimate classes allow our dedicated team of teachers to provide personal attention, expert guidance and personal feedback throughout our trainings.
Graduates of our program are eligible for 20 contact hours with the Yoga Alliance.
$999 USD ($1300 Canadian) ON SALE NOW!
Includes: Lamaze Seminar certificate of attendance, 25 hour Holistic Facilitator Program Certificate, all classes, workshops and training manual for the seminar. Lamaze Learning Guide is sold separately.
*Payment plans available upon request.